WHAT CAN CAUSE A FLUCTUATING IDLE

2006 Scion tC

ellisone

September, 15, 2012 AT 2:49 PM

(Up and down about 500 rpm in park) and throw Misfire codes ( P0300-P0304) on a 2006 Scion tc? 2006 tc (the car is a manual shift) having idle problems worse if car is in gear at a stop. Idle will go up and dwn in park and shows codes P0300-P0304. Replaced plugs (which had the gap on two plugs closed other two where incorrect gap)cleaned TB, cleaned MAF, replace two vac hoses that had holes in them, checked injectors and still have same problem, car runs a little better but still has problem. Now when I started checking the COPS on the car I had the number 4 pulled out it had spark but did not slow down eng idle as other three had, as a matter of fact it caused the idle to smooth out an stop fluxuating after which when I put it back in the problem returned. So I switched Coils and exact same thing happened. Does any one have an Idea as to problem. Thanks

hmac300

September, 15, 2012 AT 3:16 PM

Check your fuelpressure it should be 44-50 psi at the rail. If it's not that can be causing the problem.

September, 15, 2012 AT 6:36 PM

Have the compression on #4 checked.

ellisone

September, 16, 2012 AT 2:55 PM

Thanks will try both fuel pressure check an compression

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Clean Idle Air Control Ford Super Duty 5.4L
Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro