I HAVE A 2006 SATURN VUE AND IT WONT GO INTO ...

• maqenzie1127
  • 2006 Saturn Vue

I HAVE A 2006 SATURN VUE AND IT WONT GO INTO DRIVE IT ONLY GOES INTO FIRST And second and then the rpms just go up and just wont change gears after 2nd

Monday, November 19th, 2012 AT 6:25 AM

• DrCranknWrench

There is either a problem with the gear shifter cable adjustment or the gear actuator, which the cable is attached to at the transmission, needs adjustment or it loose. Check to make sure it is not an internal problem if none of these issue are apparent by disconnecting the shifter so you can move the gear selector. You should be able to put it into get by hand and you will feel it go into each gear detent.
If it does nto take it to a tranmsission shop, not a regualr repair shop as they are not equipped to repair automatic tranmissions and usually send them out. The bad part of this is is the loss of money and time and psossible problems afterwards if they make the wrong diagnosis.

Monday, November 19th, 2012 AT 6:35 AM
  • saturntech9

Also I would check for codes in the computer if the linkage was good. Also do you have the 4cyl or v6 engine?Yo only have 20,000 miles on the vue?

Monday, November 19th, 2012 AT 7:47 PM
  • maqenzie1127

Its a 4 cyl and yea only 20,000 miles it was my grandmothers and she didnt drive to much

Tuesday, November 20th, 2012 AT 9:38 AM
  • saturntech9

So have you checked for codes yet or checked the linkage yet?

Tuesday, November 20th, 2012 AT 9:07 PM