To remove the upper steering column cover that just unsnaps the bottom one has some bolts holding it on. You only have to remove the left lower cover to replace the switch. Let me know how it goes.
Ignition Switch Replacement
1. Remove the steering column trim covers.
2. Disconnect the ignition switch harness connector.
3. Turn the ignition switch to the run position.
4. Remove the ignition switch screws.
5. Important: The ignition switch must be in the run position during removal in order to avoid damage to the ignition switch.
Remove the ignition switch from the steering column.
1. Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.
Install the ignition switch and screws on to the steering column.
Tighten the screws to 2 Nm (17 inch lbs.).
2. Connect the ignition switch harness connector.
3. Install the steering column trim covers.
Important: If the ignition switch is replaced and a learn procedure is not performed, the engine will crank but not start or will start and stall immediately.
4. Perform the vehicle theft deterrent system learn procedure. Refer to Programming Theft Deterrent System Components.
Monday, January 24th, 2011 AT 1:08 AM