CLUTCH LIFE SPAN

2006 Proton Gen-2

Bhagwandinp

February, 15, 2011 AT 1:52 PM

What is the general lifespan of a Proton Gen 2 Clutch taking into consideration fair wear and tear

Clutch Problems

Clutch

1 IMAGE

February, 15, 2011 AT 2:43 PM

It is very difficult to determine clutch lifespan as it is dependent on the driver and driving conditions. For most vehicles, 100k would be the average.

Bhagwandinp

February, 15, 2011 AT 4:25 PM

My Proton Gen 2 is a 2006 model with approximately 67000kms on the clock and is now due for the third change of the clutch, is this normal? Each Clutch seems to last less than the first

February, 15, 2011 AT 7:51 PM

That should not be normal. Either there is something wrong with the clutch hydraulic component adjustment or you have the wrong driving habit.

Bhagwandinp

February, 16, 2011 AT 5:43 AM

Just for the record I have driven other vehichles with no mileage in excess of 80 000kms with no problems on the clutch. Is there a way to lodge a complaint in this regard.

February, 16, 2011 AT 1:29 PM

I am not sure about where to lodge any complaints but if you have been sending the vehicle to one place, time to get a second opinion.

For any complaints, you need to have facts and figures so you shoud trygathering them and maybe interview some other Gen 2 owners.

Get someone to check the clutch pedal to master cylinder adjustment. There must be sufficient clearance or the clutch would wear prematurely.

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions