IM GETTING ERROR MESSAGES, I HAVE REPLACED BATTERY, WHAT ELSE DO YOU RECOMMEND DOING?????

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix

caseyb

I have a 2006 pontiac grand prix, my car shuts off while driving and gives me these messages. Starting disabled due to electronic throttle control. Traction control off. Reduced engine power. Shutting off service stability system.

i have replaced the battery, but my car is still cutting off and I am still getting the same codes. What do you recommend?

saturntech9

You need to get the car scanned for codes go to the auto parts store and have them scan the car for codes. Write down the codes they give you. Post the exact code numbers you have not code descriptions. So like a issue with your electronic throttle control system. Also what size engine do you have?

caseyb

I had my car towed today and the mechanic said it needed a new computer. Does this sound legit? Talked with another mechanic and he said that he has not replaced a computer in a GM vehicle for 11 years. What do you recommend?

Wrenchtech

It is very unusual.

saturntech9

So what are the exact code numbers you have?What tests have been done to say it was the computer?

Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Guide
Alternator testing done right