2 QUESTIONS 1

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix

mrke27

February, 13, 2013 AT 6:23 PM

2 questions
1. I just had ceramic breaks put on my Grand Prix about 3 days ago and when I stop my car shakes a little. Kind of like going over little bumps. I changed my rotors a few years ago and when breaks needed changed I've done it? Any thoughts? Also, My car keeps saying check gas cap and when I check it the gas cap is loose. I have bought 2 gas caps from auto parts stores, didnt help, and then went to a Pontiac dealer and bought a gas cap like the original and it still says check gas cap and the gas cap is loose. Again any thoughts on why this is? This is driving me crazy! Thanks, Marc

gmtech

February, 13, 2013 AT 6:30 PM

Sounds like you have a rotor that is warped. Was there a pulsation before you had the brakes done. If not I would check to make sure that the caliper is tight and the wheel is tight. As for the gas cap. The fuel system is pressured so no fumes escape. You may have a poor seal at the filler neck. Check for uneven surface where the cap screws on. If ok possibly somewhere in the system you have a small leak.

mrke27

February, 13, 2013 AT 6:39 PM

I didnt notice any pulsation before my breakes where changed.

gmtech

February, 13, 2013 AT 7:13 PM

I would certainly want to check that everything was tightened properly

Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fail Your Smog Test? Fix it Fast
Fuel Filter Mount Replacement Chevrolet