LEFT SIDE OF CAR LOWER

• Raj.A
  • 2006 NISSAN WINGROAD

Here's my problem, I own a Nissan AD wagon, but I started noticing that the front left side of the care is a bit lower, mostly when I have people in my car. We thought it was the shock and spring but we changed it twice and the problem still there. Just the other day we parked the car in a level spot, we started the engine and as soon as we changed the gear the left side droped. None of us seemed to know why is was so I real confused. I know very little about cars but my mechanic does not even know whats the cause and he told me that its normal. I had another mechanic check it out they said that not supposed to happen and was even more baffled as the car just remained a bit lower on the left. What do u presume is the problem?

Wednesday, June 13th, 2012 AT 5:21 PM

• KHLow2008

A slight difference (1/2 inch) is is acceptable but if it is too much, then something could be wrong somewhere.

The struts and springs are the main possible cause. Other components to check would be the control arms, stabilizer links, strut mount and even could be a body problem.

When the front left sags, it might not be from the front. Check the rear to see if the right is higher than left. When rear right height is higher than left, it would push front left down.

Wednesday, June 13th, 2012 AT 5:49 PM