I RECENTLY REPLACED MY TWO FRONT LOWER CONTROL ...

2006 Nissan Altima

graviellacasas

April, 1, 2013 AT 4:27 AM

I recently replaced my two front lower control arms, my 4 motor mounts, all 4 tires and my front axles and strut mounts but all of a sudden when im going 50mph or higher and only when im turning the wheel left my car moves side to side like its going to lose control but it stops when im back on a straight path. Example: on a freeway if there is a upcoming curve to the left and im starting to turn into it thats when it starts. My wheel doesnt move only my car, its kind of scary given the fact that i've fishtailed a long time ago due to ice on the road so its freaking me out. Any help will be appreciated. Also I was going to get an alignment but I dont know if I should before I figure the problem first, can that cause this issue? The alignment?
thank you

caradiodoc

April, 1, 2013 AT 5:41 AM

Who replaced the lower control arms and didn't do an alignment at that time? The car should not even be driven until it is aligned. No two suspension parts are ever exactly the same. Replacing just one part will cause that wheel to be tipped in or out on top and turned left or right too much, and you replaced a bunch of parts. It's a wonder you can drive the car at all. Don't look for a problem before you have it aligned. The alignment IS the problem, along with potential improper installation techniques.

graviellacasas

April, 1, 2013 AT 1:54 PM

A mechanic I've known for some years, he did do an alignment but then I replaced the mounts and replaced the left lower control arm again after the bushing (isnt that what the black rubber part is called?) Was torn or defective I guess and after that I never went back for the alignment, all the repairing put a slight hole in my pocket so it wasnt by choice. Thank you for your help I needed some kind of confirmation because I figured that was the issue. Im going for the alignment today.

caradiodoc

April, 1, 2013 AT 7:01 PM

Dandy. Most alignment shops will give you a copy of the printout. If you post the "before" readings for front camber, caster, and toe, I can explain what each one would cause.

Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda
Upper Control Arm Replacement
Leaf-Spring Squeak Repair - All Cars
Sway Bar Link Replacement Subaru Legacy
Sway Bar Link Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class