WHY IS MY CAR IDLING WHEN PARKED OR AT A COMPLETE STOP? WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TI FIX THIS?

• kbrae
  • 2006 Nissan Altima

The car starts and runs, but it shakes and idles when it is in park or at a complete stop. I have fix a head gasket, the spark plugs seem to be ok.

Saturday, September 15th, 2012 AT 8:36 PM

• kbrae

When I accelerate it stops, and I also bought something to cleanse the fuel? I'm not sure what it was called, but I put it in the fuel tank and where the oil goes. I know nothing about cars and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Saturday, September 15th, 2012 AT 8:43 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

Dont understand the problem? If it idles, is there something wrong? Does it stall?

Saturday, September 15th, 2012 AT 8:51 PM
  • kbrae

It shakes really bad when I am parked, or for example at a red light. When I accelerate, it seems to stop. It almost feels like it is about to die or as if I am running out of gas. I relaced the battery today and it is still doing the same thing. I opened the hood and the engine is shaking BADLY! I know something is wrong I just have no idea what it is.

Saturday, September 15th, 2012 AT 8:57 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

The 4 cylinders have a common failure for this from a bad intake manifold gasket. It leaks at idle and causes this.

Is the check engine light on?

Saturday, September 15th, 2012 AT 9:01 PM
  • kbrae

No the check engine light is not on. My friend did take a look and said something about a gasket that was leaking! I don't know if this helps, but when I put it in neutral it runs a lot better but the problem is still clearly there.

Saturday, September 15th, 2012 AT 9:03 PM