It is a 4 cylinder 2.4 L engine specs that is shown here, hope it is the correct one as you indicated a V4 head gasket but for 4 cylinder there are no V engines.
CYLINDER HEAD BOLT INSTALLATION
1. When the removed cylinder head bolts are to be reused, check that the shank length of each bolt meets the limit. If it exceeds the limit, replace the bolts.
Limit: 99.4 mm (3.91 inches)
2. Apply engine oil to the thread of the bolts and to the washers.
3. Using special tool MB991654 tighten the bolts to the specified torque 78 N.M (58 ft-lb), using the tightening sequence shown.
4. Loosen all bolts fully in the reverse order of tightening.
5. Retighten the loosened bolts to 20 N.M (14 ft-lb) in the tightening sequence shown.
6. Make a paint mark across each bolt head and cylinder head.
7. Tighten the cylinder head bolts 90 degree angle in the specified order.
If the bolt is turned less than 90 degree angle, proper fastening performance may not be achieved. Be careful to turn each bolt exactly 90 degree angle.
If the bolt is overtightened, loosen the bolt completely and then retighten it by repeating the tightening procedure from Step 1.
8. Tighten the bolts another 90 degree angle in the same order as in
Step 7, and check that the paint marks on the cylinder head bolt are aligned with the paint marks on the cylinder head.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Sunday, January 9th, 2011 AT 9:57 PM