I TRY TO START THE CAR IT WON'T START

2006 Jeep Laredo

artojacks

November, 14, 2011 AT 10:53 PM

I have a 2006 grand jeep laredo and the battery is fine, the lights come on and everything but when I try to start the car it won't start. Why is the car not starting?

my car has been working fine. I bought it used october 23rd 2011. I replaced the battery once but other than that nothings wrong with it other than a few scratches. Brand new break pads and rotors but the car just wouldn't start today at all.

ProAutoTech

November, 14, 2011 AT 11:00 PM

Does it turn over or just nothing when you turn the key? Did you leave it in Drive when you parked it last night? Had to ask, happens all the time. Are you using the right key to start it? If you're trying a spare without the chip in it, it won't start. Let me know.

artojacks

November, 14, 2011 AT 11:47 PM

The whole panel lights up but nothing happens and has a new battery and everything

ProAutoTech

November, 15, 2011 AT 12:04 AM

That's a pretty young car with low miles to be having gremlins like this. Make certain that it is indeed Park. Try to move the shifter with your foot on the brake and the key on to be sure, it may have a bad of loose switch, so give it a college jiggle. Is the key turning all the way to the start position or is the steering locked causing it not to turn all the way. I would then check the battery terminals, make sure one of them is not loose at all. You shouldnt be able to turn them. Let me know.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right