ROTORS ON A

2006 Hummer H3

shafers1

March, 7, 2011 AT 6:37 PM

I went to get an oil change and they told me I need brake pads and rotors for the front. I checked the rotors out myself and they dont have any groove marks. They have rust pitted in them I guess thats why they said I need to change them. I've changed other rotors and brake pads so I thought I could do it myself. My question is do I need to change the rotors just because of the rust? If so how do I remove the rotors? Just like any other rotors I have removed? Thanks Rick

saturntech9

March, 7, 2011 AT 7:11 PM

If the rotor's are pitted too badly you will have to change them also if they measured them and they were too thin too turn that is another reason why they might have said they needed to be replaced. Your best bet would be to take the rotor's off and take them to a auto part's store or machine shop that turn's rotor's and see if they can be saved. If not you will have to replace them. The rotor's come off easy you just remove caliper etc there pop offs.

shafers1

March, 7, 2011 AT 8:08 PM

Thanks for the reply.

saturntech9

March, 7, 2011 AT 9:11 PM

Your welcome that's what were here for.

Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement Ford Explorer
Brake Pad/Brake Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Mini Cooper
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Mercedes ML