I JUST TOOK MY CAR OUT OF STORAGE WHERE IT SAT ...

2006 Honda Civic

Anonymous

October, 28, 2012 AT 10:01 PM

I just took my car out of storage where it sat undriven for 3-4 months. I have been driving it for about a week now and another week from now I will be going on a 4000km journey. I brought it in to the shop to get an oil change done, and asked for their recommendations. I was told the brake discs have rust buildup. The front pads are at 85% and the rear at 65% of their life. The fluids have all been found discolored as well (brake, clutch, transmission, steering). And an alignment was also recommended since it's been over 24000kms since the last one.
So my question is, is this all required? The trip is costing me a lot already, but it would be a lot more if the car broke down. I bought the car a year ago in good condition and it's been very well to me. Are some of these items considered a must fix? Can I get by without doing one of them?
Thanks.

October, 28, 2012 AT 10:35 PM

Brake, clutch and steering can wait. Make sure you do them soon.
Do the rotors vibrate?

I would change oil and trans and get the alignment done

Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Tahoe 2015
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chrysler 300
Oil Change and Oil Filter Replacement VW
Oil Change/Filter Replacement Hyundai Sonata