BURNING RUBBER SMELL

2006 Holden Astra

coomz66

August, 20, 2012 AT 12:11 AM

I went on a road trip this weekend and minutes before I got home last night, I noticed the smell of burning rubber when I stopped at some traffic lights and again when I parked the car in my drive way. I drove to work this morning and smelt it again after parking up - I immediately felt the rims to see if they were hot, all 4 wheels were warm but wouldnt say they were too hot to touch?
Also, im not sure if this is related but when driving on the freeway, I sometimes notice that my steering wheel shakes/vibrates.

August, 20, 2012 AT 12:15 AM

The vibration could be a tire or balancing.

The smell could be a fluid leaking on a hot surface and you need to find out where the leak is.

coomz66

August, 20, 2012 AT 12:25 AM

Thanks - so I guess I should just take it to a garage/mechanic?

August, 20, 2012 AT 12:42 AM

At least to determine the source of the smell. Let us know so we can further help you.

coomz66

August, 20, 2012 AT 1:30 AM

mhpautos

August, 20, 2012 AT 8:48 AM

If you park your can in a garage, place a few sheets of newspaper under the engine and trans, check in the morning for any fresh oil stains, let us know what you see in a day or so.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Window Switch Replacement and Test