2006 FORD TAURUS SE

• jim thomas
  • 2006 Ford Taurus
  • automatic

My ford taurus's heater/air conditioning fan works intermittently. When I use the dial to turn it from 1-2-3-4 it will blow sometimes and other times it does not come on at all. It mostly works when I first turn the car on when I first use it for that day, but after a while it stops by itself and sometimes starts blowing again by itself. The heater and air condtioning both work but the fan only works to blow the air at certain times and I have no idea when it will blow or when it will stop on its own. I have changed the switch attached to the **** and it still does not work except intermittenly. I have also changed the fuse but it should not be the fuse ot it would not work at all. Also the rear window defroster does not work and does not even light up when you engage the switch. Please help if you can.

thanks Jim thomas

Friday, March 4th, 2011 AT 5:02 AM

• Jacobandnickolas

What you need to do is check to see if it has power when it isn't working. It could be a bad blower motor. If it doesn't have power, you need to work backwards, resister, relay, switch. To see where the power is lost.

Friday, April 29th, 2011 AT 3:45 AM