06 LOSING POWER

2006 Ford Freestar

diamondjoe

December, 22, 2010 AT 1:04 PM

My '06 Freestar is losing power on acceleration (usually when going uphill). The RPMs drop to zero, the battery light comes on, and the red security system light on the dashboard lights up for a few seconds (usually only flashes when van is off). As soon as I release the gas pedal the power comes back. This tends to happen a lot around 75-80 km/h when the van is shifting gears (but not always at this speed). There is also a knock or ping sometimes when this happens (a mechanic friend of mine was with me one time and described it as a backfire). On a few occassions the van wouldn't start in the driveway (would turn over) and then started again later on.

cmc666

January, 29, 2012 AT 3:42 AM

Diamondjoe, my 2006 frestar is doing the exact samething. Please let me know what you have found out. Please email me at charlescatterton@msn. Com Thanks

jverholtz

December, 12, 2013 AT 12:23 PM

What was the problem im having the same issue

Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Fuel Pump Replacement