WHERE IS THE CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR LOCATED ON 2?

2006 Ford Focus

gregorgodler

October, 12, 2012 AT 5:35 PM

Hello, on my car I have obd code P0336 (Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance). Is this sensor located inside engine or somewhere outside?

October, 12, 2012 AT 5:49 PM

External. Refer to diagram. Check for loose or contaminated wireharness connectors first.

Docfixit

October, 12, 2012 AT 5:50 PM

What engine and model? Sure code is correct?

gregorgodler

October, 12, 2012 AT 6:07 PM

Hello, thank you for a very quick response. Here are more details about my Focus and problems. I have Ford Focus II, engine 2.0 TDCi. When I was driving car, it shaked twice like the ESP went on and then I got on display two errors. First was System Engine Fault and the second was ESP System Fault. Engine turned off by it self. I turned the car key to the off position and then back to turn on. The car started with no problem. I managed to get home. At home I connected to OBD controller and check for errors with my android phone. I've got this errors: -U2023 - Network
-U2196 - Network
-P0336 - Crankshaft Position Sensor Range/Performance

Car is now running normally, well in my garage : )

So is there really "dead" sensor or is it something else?

October, 12, 2012 AT 6:11 PM

An intermittent problem which could mean a loose connection somewhere and is not going to be easy to diagnose for the U-codes. Try clearing the codes and see if they reappear.

gregorgodler

October, 12, 2012 AT 6:25 PM

OK, I will try that and report.

October, 12, 2012 AT 6:55 PM

Mod doesn't show a p0336. That was probably what docfixit was asking? Info on the u-codes says to fix all other codes first.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz