Engine

KHALANGA
  • 2006 FORD FIESTA

What are the chances of an engine to function at it's best after it hit th top gasket?

Tuesday, March 8th, 2011 AT 12:06 PM

MAYBE SOMETHING SIMILAR TO THIS?Our Escape would idle low, then it got to point it would die when you stopped. Revving + holding brake was only way to keep it running. Took it to fellow R/C airplane pilot, he doubles as a S.C. State HWY DEPT mechanic.. When I got to his house, he was repairing a tractor. Told him my sob story. Escape was still barely running, I raised the hood. He said, (and I quote)."It could be the IDLE AIR CONTROL(IAC)", as he pointed to it, and emphasied it with a sharp rap using the wrench in his hand. It straightened right up, and ran damn good. That was a 15/16 Craftsman wrench, box end, kinda a medium rap. YES, I visited parts store and replaced it. Hope this helps. YES, WE TOOK THE IAC OFF AND CLEANED IT, IT SEEMED FINE, BUT JUST BECAUSE THE ENGINE HAD OVER 100,000 MILE ON IT, I WENT A HEAD AND REPLACED IT (PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE). THIS IS THE WIFE'S RIG, SO THAT WAS THE BIG FACTOR!---THE MEDIC

Tuesday, March 8th, 2011 AT 2:38 PM