Blower motor only works on high why?

WOODMAN1
  • 2006 FORD F-150
Ford F-150 a/c fan only works on high cannot control speed or turn off. Would that be the relay, and where is that located.
Friday, July 8th, 2011 AT 2:45 PM

HEYMAN1104
The relay is as good a starting point as any. I'm attaching screenshots of the fuse box information from AllData. Look at relay R06. If that relay matches any others in there, then you can try subbing in another one to see if anything changes. If not, then we'll need to look at the Blower Resistor, which has a hand of it's own in controlling blower speed. Let us know what you find please. Good luck!
Friday, April 16th, 2021 AT 4:19 AM
SEVERO
  • 2003 FORD F-150
A/c switch 1, 2, 3 do not work only 4 is working
Monday, April 19th, 2021 AT 3:18 PM (Merged)
Hi,

In most cases, the blower motor resistor has failed if the fan only runs on high. The resistor is located on the passenger side of the plenum assembly behind the glove compartment.

I attached two pics below. The first shows a general location of the resister. Pic 2 shows what the resistor looks like.

All you need to do is remove the connector and then the two screws which hold it on the plenum. Pull it straight out. The installation is the reverse of removal.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have other questions.

Take care,

See pics below.
HEYMAN1104
I agree with Joe. The resistor is the most likely cause of the issue. It's an easy fix, and not a terribly expensive part. Let us know how it works out. Good luck!
Wednesday, April 21st, 2021 AT 3:18 AM

Sponsored links