WHY AM I NOT GEETTING ENGAGEMENT?

2006 Ford Escape

othello

June, 4, 2012 AT 6:25 PM

I have a 2006 Ford Escape 3.0L xlt. My truck is dead! Jammed up the entire street when the tranny refused to go. No warning! It does not engage at all. I drained the oil, absolutely no particles. I pulled one of the lines to the cooler and its pumping fuel. I replaced the valve body. None has worked. Do you think a clogged filter can do this or should I suspect the torque converter? Sometimes, if I rev it hard enough, I would get a little movement but not far and only on flat surfaces. What do you think? Tired of walking!

June, 4, 2012 AT 6:34 PM

Bring it in and have it pressure tested-this will give a direction to go by-

othello

June, 4, 2012 AT 7:05 PM

Sorry, Car is in the caribbean. Trying to decide whether or not a new transaxle is in the making or not. Ar has 200000km not miles. I drove it to work just fine then on my way back it started slipping and just stopped going.

July, 11, 2012 AT 12:30 AM

Did you replace the correct amount of fluid when you drain the fluid, could be a clogged filter, clutches/bands-pressure testing will uncover a problem with the throttle an governor pressures if its within specs-Transmission range sensor could be defective and not sending inputs to the computer therefore the PCM is not controlling the transmission operation

Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement