CLIMATE CONTROL SYSTEM THE FAN SPEED ADJUSTMENT...

2006 Ford Escape

louraskin

November, 29, 2012 AT 3:25 PM

Climate Control System: The Fan Speed Adjustment switch positions 1 and 2 does not open the instrument panel air vents, turn-on the fan and the AC does not operate. In fan switch positions 3 and 4, each selection works as expected.

saturntech9

November, 29, 2012 AT 4:18 PM

Do you have a multi meter to do some testing?

louraskin

November, 29, 2012 AT 6:59 PM

Yes, I do have a multi-meter.

saturntech9

November, 29, 2012 AT 11:39 PM

So fan position one and two doesnt turn on the blower motor?

louraskin

November, 30, 2012 AT 4:25 AM

Yes, that is correct; fan switch positions 1 and 2, no blower motor. Positions 3 and 4, the blower motor runs in a normal manner.

saturntech9

December, 1, 2012 AT 2:03 AM

I posted the trouble tree let me know what you find.

louraskin

December, 1, 2012 AT 7:19 PM

Thank you for the troubleshooting tree. Now, I need some input on accessing the fan control switch and mentioned wiring without destroying the grill panel.

saturntech9

December, 1, 2012 AT 8:03 PM

I posted how to remove the ac control.

louraskin

December, 5, 2012 AT 11:06 PM

Progress to date: Switch panel and switch removed. Did a resistance check on the disconnected switch positions and it appears to be working okay; that is a circuit is formed on different connector pins in each position, except off.

The instruction asked that the blower motor power and the blower motor resistor be disconnected for resistance check. I have been unable to locate either the blower motor power connector or the blower motor resistor.

saturntech9

December, 6, 2012 AT 7:26 PM

I posted a diagram to show you where the resistor and blower motor is.

louraskin

December, 6, 2012 AT 9:53 PM

Mission Accomplished, partially. I located the Blower Motor Resistor removed it and found it be heavily rusted, flaking and one resistor coil disconnected. As a temporary fix, I connected the "floater" resistor coil to another having a common connection using a small gage solid electrical wire, holding it in its approximate connected position. All fan speeds are now functional at the expected manner, indicating the fan switch is functional.

I have also located a replacement Blower Motor Resistor on eBay. Would you have a recommended supplier?

Saturntech9, you assistance has been of great value and very much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Lou Raskin

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon