IS IT POSSIBLE TO BYPASS THE AC ON THIS CAR

2006 Ford 500

Anonymous

December, 16, 2012 AT 8:33 AM

Is it possible to bypass the ac on this car. My clutch burnt up and compressor is shot. A new compressor is outrageous and I cannot find a bypass pulley for this model or a routing diagram without ac. Is it even a possibility? It sucks that the car has to have a working compressor in order for the car to run at all. Some of us just don't have that kind of cash. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

December, 16, 2012 AT 5:17 PM

HOW 'BOUT REPLACING THE BEARING IN THE CLUTCH PULLEY

LEAVE THE COMPRESSOR IN PLACE

UNPLUG THE COMPRESSOR --- RATHER THE CLUTCH, AT THE CLUTCH, SO IT WILL BE UNABLE TO ENGAGE ONTO YOUR LOCKED UP COMPRESSOR

NOW IT WILL "FREE WHEEL" AS IF THE A/C AND DEFROST MODES ARE "OFF" ON HE DASHBOARD

YOU WILL HAVE NO AIR CONDITIONING AND "DEFROST ACTION" WILL BE A BIT SLOWER---LIKE IN THE '70s

EVERYTHING REMAINS THE SAMEBELT SIZE---COMPRESSOR IS STILL IN PLACE (KEEPING THE HOSES CLEAN INTERNALLY) ALL BOLTS AND ANCHORS REMAIN INTACT SO THAT A "FUTURE CHANGE OUT" WILL JUST LIKE DOING IT NOW----WHEN YOU CHANGE STUFF FROM THE NORM--STUFF GETS LOST---REMEMBERING "HOW IT WAS HOOKED UP", IS JUST AS HARD!

WHATCHA THINK?

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple