1. Before proceeding with the following repair procedure, review all warnings and cautions.
2. Using a trim stick C 4755 or equivalent (1), gently pry between the ignition switch bezel (2) and the instrument cluster bezel (3) to release the snap retainers that secure the switch bezel.
3. Disconnect the wire harness connector from the headlamp switch (4) and remove the cluster bezel from the vehicle.
Fig. 277: Bezel Instrument Cluster Remove Dodge
Courtesy of DAIMLERCHRYSLER CORP.
Fig. 22: Instrument Cluster Bezel
Courtesy of DAIMLERCHRYSLER CORP. E
1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
WARNING: Wait two minutes for the airbag system reserve capacitor to discharge before beginning any airbag system or component service. Failure to do so
may result in accidental airbag deployment, personal injury or death.
2. Remove the instrument cluster bezel (Refer to BODY/INSTRUMENT PANEL/CLUSTER BEZEL REMOVAL) .
3. Remove the four cluster retaining screws.
4. Disconnect the cluster electrical connectors.