REAR WINDSHIELD WIPER

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser

Niki46

March, 24, 2012 AT 5:17 PM

The rear windshield wiper on my car has stopped working - no fluid, no wiper movement, no nothing. The front wipers work fine - yes, fluid and yes wipers move. The dealer is telling me the problem is with the rear washer motor - conked/burned out - which causes the rear system to shut down. Can you verify does this car have a separate washer motor for the rear? This is not the same as the wiper motor, according to the dealer.

March, 24, 2012 AT 5:22 PM

Front and rear washer motor are separate. You cannot have the same motor for both as they would be working together.

Niki46

March, 24, 2012 AT 6:00 PM

OK, thanks. I know there is a separate wiper motor, I just didn't know there was a separate washer motor/pump.

mhpautos

March, 26, 2012 AT 9:57 AM

If there is only one washer resiviour, then it will have 2 pumps (front & rear) if there is a separate washer bottle at the rear of the car then it will have it's own pump there.

Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Acura TL
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Mercedes
Wiper Blade Replacement Acura MDX
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Prius
Wiper Blade Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Wiper Blade Replacement GMC Yukon
Wiper Blade Replacement Porsche Carrera