REAR WINDSHIELD WIPER

• Niki46
  • 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser

The rear windshield wiper on my car has stopped working - no fluid, no wiper movement, no nothing. The front wipers work fine - yes, fluid and yes wipers move. The dealer is telling me the problem is with the rear washer motor - conked/burned out - which causes the rear system to shut down. Can you verify does this car have a separate washer motor for the rear? This is not the same as the wiper motor, according to the dealer.

Saturday, March 24th, 2012 AT 5:17 PM

• KHLow2008

Front and rear washer motor are separate. You cannot have the same motor for both as they would be working together.

Saturday, March 24th, 2012 AT 5:22 PM
  • Niki46

OK, thanks. I know there is a separate wiper motor, I just didn't know there was a separate washer motor/pump.

Saturday, March 24th, 2012 AT 6:00 PM
  • mhpautos

If there is only one washer resiviour, then it will have 2 pumps (front & rear) if there is a separate washer bottle at the rear of the car then it will have it's own pump there.

Monday, March 26th, 2012 AT 9:57 AM