KNOCKING SOUND

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser

myladygloria

March, 26, 2012 AT 3:01 AM

Knocking sound coming from. Some where on the car. By REPLACING the P0325 KNOCK SENSOR. MAKE THR NOISE GO AWAY?

March, 26, 2012 AT 3:05 AM

-You need to describe this knocking noise-is it like throwing a bunch of marbles in an empty tin can if so could be pinging and the KS is not retarding the ignition timing

myladygloria

March, 26, 2012 AT 3:20 AM

Knocking sound.. When I speed up it stops completely.. When I brake or start out slow it knocks.I had the tires check.I believe the noise is coming from the engine. And no it does not sound like marbles in an empty tin can. Its seperit knocks. Like going over speed bumps. Does that help?

March, 26, 2012 AT 3:28 AM

Coming from the engine could be valves/lifters, engine bearings, low oil pressure -due to oil pump and sludge

myladygloria

March, 26, 2012 AT 3:41 AM

Ok, I used to have a very quite running engine. The engine light came on so I took it in. Computer test found fault code p0340 and p0325. They repaced the p0340 but did not replace p0325. By the time I got home the engine was so loud I thought a helicopter was following me. Of course I called. But I was told to bring it in if the light came back on. No light just louder and louder engine noise and now the knocks?

March, 26, 2012 AT 6:31 AM

Get the engine oil pressure checked

Engine Oil Change and Filter Kia Forte
Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Corolla
Oil Change/Filter Replacement Hyundai Sonata
 Oil Change & Filter Ford Explorer 2000-2005
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right