I HAVE A 2006 CHRYSLER PACIFICA I HAVE CONFIRMED...

• nrhayes@shaw.ca
  • 2006 Chrysler Pacifica

I have a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica, I have confirmed with Chrysler that our Vin# did not fall into any of the recalls with fuel pumps and/or the PCM update. The car Idles fine, accelerates fine, and drives fine at HighWay speeds. When you get into the lower RPM range, approximaley 1000-1500 RPM the rpm seems to drop off, hesitate, and almost stalls. It feels like the car is surging. If I give it a little throttle and accelrate a bit, it seems to catch itself. It has been getting worse and more noticable. Even declerating from highway speeds to a stop light, as soon as you are coasting in the low RPM range, it is starting to happen. No engine light is on. I tried cycling the ignition 3 times, and it does not show any codes on the Odometer display. I used to be a mechanic, and like to fix stuff myself, however I dont want to be just a part changer and start swapping out parts!

Saturday, March 2nd, 2013 AT 6:20 AM

• ASEMaster6371

I would start with looking at the egr valve as it may not be closing fast enough and causing a big vacuum leak

Saturday, March 2nd, 2013 AT 3:01 PM