GEAR WONT ENGAGE CAR IDLE WELL OIL PRESSURE IS NORMAL

• 426man
  • 2006 Chrysler 300

2006 srt8 7.0 engine.

It happend when I was racing on this day I heared a knocking sound at idle comming from front of the car it goes away when I drive. It happend at wot high rpm car suddenly idles high & gear wont engage with a sound of broking things down in the engine. Stoped the car switch it off & back on it idles well but when switching to drive rpm goes up little around 200-300 then goes back to normal but car wont move even in reverse what could it be? Im suspecting a broken flexplat?

Saturday, August 11th, 2012 AT 10:46 PM

• rasmataz

Sounds like your transmission is slipping bad-Do you have a check engine light? How's the transmission fluid and condition if okay bring it in and have it pressure tested to find out more what's going on.

Saturday, August 11th, 2012 AT 10:54 PM
  • saturntech9

Any codes in the computer?The flex plate would be easy to check I would check for codes first though.

Saturday, August 11th, 2012 AT 10:55 PM
  • 426man

No codes at all. Gonna check gear oil tomorrow cause my model does not have a dip stick. One more thing Iis that I dont feel anything when switching gears except rpm movement. I never had any trans problems before except the torque converter which I changed 3 months a go cause it was broken cause my car has a 500+ rwtq.

Saturday, August 11th, 2012 AT 11:27 PM
  • saturntech9

Sounds like you have too much engine for the transmission and racing it doesnt help ethier. Is the transmission stock?

Saturday, August 11th, 2012 AT 11:33 PM
  • 426man

All stock I was planning to modify it later. I hope there is nothing with the engine

Saturday, August 11th, 2012 AT 11:38 PM
  • saturntech9

When you really beef up the engine you always end up breaking the weakest link you need to beef up the whole drive train etc. Otherwise who knows what breaks next its design for the stock set up.

Saturday, August 11th, 2012 AT 11:55 PM
  • 426man

Could it be a crankshaft problem?

Sunday, August 12th, 2012 AT 12:04 AM
  • saturntech9

It could be a lot different problems I doubt you broke the crank though.

Sunday, August 12th, 2012 AT 1:36 AM