NO ENGINE POWER-WHAT ELSE CAN BE WRONG?

• mhernandez8702
  • 2006 Chevrolet Uplander

I have a 2006 Chevy Uplander that while driving when I come to a stop & start to accelerate again, there is minimal power and sometimes it would stall on me. I took it to a Chevy dealer & they said it was the Upstream O2 Sensor. So I bought the part & replaced it. Well it is doing the same thing again, but minus the stalling. Any idea what it could be now?

Thursday, June 7th, 2012 AT 9:43 PM

• saturntech9

Do you have any codes in the computer?Have you looked yet?Also have you had a exhauast back pressure test yet?You could have a plugged cat. Do you ever have to let up on the exhaust for the transmission to shift to the next higher gear?

Thursday, June 7th, 2012 AT 9:45 PM
  • mhernandez8702

I cant remember what the exact code # was it was P something or other but the Chevy dealer said it was the upstream O2 Sensor that was causing the code. So we replaced it, and it ran ok for a day, now the same problem again and on top of that there is a very strong smell of fuel and it sounds like the fuel pump or something is making a funny noise. We have not had a exhaust back pressure test done.

Thursday, June 7th, 2012 AT 9:52 PM
  • saturntech9

Take and get the codes read at a auto parts store like auto zone as long as you dont live in california. Let me know the exact code numbers you have not code descriptions.

Thursday, June 7th, 2012 AT 10:00 PM
  • mhernandez8702

Thx. Will get it done ASAP.

Thursday, June 7th, 2012 AT 10:01 PM
  • saturntech9

Alright keep me posted.

Thursday, June 7th, 2012 AT 10:06 PM
  • mhernandez8702

Ok so the code is P0141. One thing I did notice is that if the car has sat overnight & cooled down, the next morning it will run fine for awhile, but once driven for some time it starts acting up again.

Thursday, June 7th, 2012 AT 10:59 PM
  • saturntech9

I would have the exhaust checked for excessibe back pressure to start with.I dont see that code causing the issue you have iam not saying you dont have more then one issue.

Saturday, June 9th, 2012 AT 2:46 AM