Gas leak

RACHELIZ34
  • 2006 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER
My 2006 Trailblazer started to leak gas out of underneath the drivers side, what would cause this?
Monday, July 4th, 2011 AT 3:40 AM

Could be anything

When is it showing up? Parked or running or both. How fast/ much is coming out?

You gotta find the source. Maybe take a pic, post it here?

A big hand mirror and a FLASHLIGHT MIGHT HELP. NO CIGARETTE LIGHTERS!

I recommend you park it, till you find it, and make the repair. Don't become a "Crispy Critter"!

It may be simple, or it might be Not so simple

A fire extinguisher would maybe be a good friend to keep near-by, during this issue!

Waitin' on you

The Medic
Monday, July 4th, 2011 AT 4:49 AM
A pic may not be a good thing. Sorry for even telling you that!

Don't park it in the garage either. Stay back from your house too!

My diagram is a 4.2 L, If this is not your engine, in the diagram, please tell me exactly what you have.

Identify the leaking component using this diagram, or use it as a guide, to describe.
+2
Monday, July 4th, 2011 AT 5:17 AM
RACHELIZ34
I had it towed to a mechanic but because of the holiday won't be able to look at it until Tuesday. Because I am a girl mechanics think I am stupid, just wanted a little heads up before I go in to see this mechanic. When I stopped my trailblazer in a parkinglot and put it in park the gas was spraying out at a good rate until I shut it off. The tank is almost at full, I would say I lost atleast a gallon of gas. A man that looked under it said the whole underside was wet and said he didnt know where the leak was coming from. However like I said earlier, it was spraying onto the ground from just under the drivers side seat. At the time I had only driven it about 7 miles when I could smell a strong odor of gas thru my air vents. Does this help?
Monday, July 4th, 2011 AT 3:03 PM
Still without knowledge of what exactly was spraying, it is unknown whether it's a "Tighten Something Up" thing or a "Replace a Component or Fuel Line" thing!

It being the holiday and all, and how bad you needed you vehicle, less inexpensive resources may have been available. Like maybe the parts store employee, soon to get off of work, willing to be a good Samaritan!

I use any and all available resources. People can laugh or say what they want.I usually benefit in the end!

Keep that in mind for next time----a paid mechanic, ain't your ONLY way out of auto situations. But you still must be able to insure your resource is qualified for the task, and not some "Jack-Legger"

The Medic
Monday, July 4th, 2011 AT 3:21 PM