CHEVY

2006 Chevrolet SSR

sean03

August, 18, 2012 AT 1:11 AM

Hi I finally took my dads 2006 Chevy SSR to the dealer today. They said the problem with it was electrical. They couldn't get into the gm system today so I will find out what is wrong with it tomorrow. The problem with it is it won't sometimes the reduced power light the abs light and the check engine light comes on. It loses 50hp out of the 400. I only get 350hp. I changed the throttle body and was told it needed to be programmed. My mom thinks it is the ignition switch. I told her the ignition switch would not cause the truck to lose power. I on the other hand think it is the PCM. The dealer told me it is an electrical problem. Which makes me believe it is the PCM. Am I correct. Thanks.

August, 18, 2012 AT 1:26 AM

1st step here is have the computer scanned for code/s and then comeback and post them if any present we start here

sean03

August, 18, 2012 AT 1:30 AM

Hi the car is at the dealership. He saw a lot of codes cleared them and tried resetting it by pulling the battery out. He tried to start it and the codes came back. This makes me think it is something to do with the PCM. Hopefully his computer works tomorrow. Thanks.

August, 18, 2012 AT 6:34 AM

You're welcome

Replace Ignition Switch
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006