COIL PACKS ARENT GETTING ANY FIRE

2006 Chevrolet Silverado

waynerhodes

March, 6, 2013 AT 1:34 AM

Coil packs aren't getting any fire.

freemba

March, 6, 2013 AT 1:56 AM

Check fuses first (ign. Fuses) both underhood and interior fuse boxes. Next check for power at the coil pack.
Let me know the outcome.

waynerhodes

March, 6, 2013 AT 2:42 AM

I just put a new motor in it. I crank ed it up and let it idol. Put coolants and oil levels in it. Cranked it and let it run for an hr. Drove it down the road realized it was hot didn't drive but 1/16 of mile. Checked water it was low. Said reduced power across odometer. I killed it put water in it. It cooled down let it idol again to male sure it didn't run hot. Walked back out to take for a drive and it was dead. Would not crank. Turns over but will not crank. I've changes fuel pump it gets plenty fuel out of port, I checked coils they werwnt getting any fire so I changd crank position sensor. Still no fire. I've checked all fuses in cab and under hood. Codes read: lost communication with throttle acuater CD #u0107. CD #p2108 CD # p1516 so what could it be?

Ignition Coil Replacement Ford Taurus
Ignition System Test Guide
Ignition Coil System Test Repair - All Cars