2006 CHEVY OPTRA REAR WASHER MOTOR

• calgarytrucker
  • 2006 Chevrolet Optra

2006 Chevy Optra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 82000 miles

The rear window washer is not working! There is no sound when I push the washer arm. Is there a seperate fuse/resevoir/pump for the rear washer. 2006 Optra wagon
I have checked all the fuses. The front washer works fine

Monday, January 4th, 2010 AT 10:05 PM

• wallyleslie

There is no rear wiper motor. The main motor does it all. I suspect that the plastic hose in the hatch has broken. You need find the broken line and replace it or splice in a new piece. You will probably find the break in the hose where it runs through the wiring harness where it goes from the body of the car into the hatch.

Friday, April 1st, 2011 AT 3:34 AM
  • grace22

How much would it cost to replace or fix a broken hose for the Chevy Optra wagon 2006?

Wednesday, November 23rd, 2011 AT 10:07 PM
  • wallyleslie

You could probably get a garage to repair it for you for a $50. I wouldn't think it would cost more than that.

Wednesday, November 23rd, 2011 AT 10:45 PM
  • cadieman

Remove the rear nozzle hose and see if water comes out when u use the washer. If so youll need a washer nozzle if you cant blow out the restrickion.

Wednesday, November 23rd, 2011 AT 11:16 PM
  • Wrenchtech

We don't have specific information on that vehicle because it is not sold here but they NEVER use a single pump for both front and rear. It may use a combination reservoir but there will be 2 pumps and if you're not hearing a pump, it is probably bad.

Wednesday, November 23rd, 2011 AT 11:30 PM
  • wallyleslie

I can tell you I have replaced my pump already for this issue and it is a single pump. Just talking from experience.

Thursday, November 24th, 2011 AT 2:01 AM
  • Wrenchtech

That wouldn't be possible. You have to have separate controls from front and rear. The rear washers don't shoot automatically when the front is activated. They just don't work that way.

Thursday, November 24th, 2011 AT 2:04 AM
  • Wrenchtech

You may be right on this one. Looking at the wiring diagram for the Malibu Maxx which I think is close to the same car, it has a BCM controlled motor with switching front front to rear.

Thursday, November 24th, 2011 AT 2:19 AM
  • wallyleslie

Thats ok. It came as a surprise to me!

Thursday, November 24th, 2011 AT 2:36 AM
  • cadieman

This is no plastic hose its rubber. If you dont hear the pump is running. Youll need a test light to check at the washer pump connecter for power coming from the switch.

Thursday, November 24th, 2011 AT 4:38 PM