IF I HAVE THREE WIRES GOING TO A LOAD, AM I CORRECT IN ASSUMING THAT ONE OF THE WIRES SHOULD BE HOT?

2006 Chevrolet Impala

usa007

August, 12, 2012 AT 4:01 PM

A friend of mine dome light stop working and she wanted to know why, so I checked the fuse and the lights and they were good. I then checked the wires to see if there was voltage reaching them. I used my equus smart test light/circuit tester and all wires tested as being grounded(green light - ground present, red light - voltage). Help, I thought this was going to be simple to fix!

saturntech9

August, 12, 2012 AT 4:57 PM

The orange wire should have power?Also does the fuse have power to both sides of it?

usa007

August, 12, 2012 AT 5:39 PM

Yes, the fuse have power to both sides

saturntech9

August, 12, 2012 AT 9:43 PM

So you have power to both sides of the fuse labeled int LTS/WS WAsh?Also does all your vanity lights and other inside lights work?

usa007

August, 13, 2012 AT 2:39 PM

I just checked and no they aren't working either.

saturntech9

August, 13, 2012 AT 4:04 PM

Alright does the fuse that I mentioned in my last post have power to both sides of it?

usa007

August, 13, 2012 AT 4:39 PM

The fuse have power to both sides

saturntech9

August, 14, 2012 AT 2:35 AM

Does the red wire with a white tracer have power coming out of the fuse box with the key in the run position?Thats the main power feed to your body control module for yoyr inside lights.

usa007

August, 16, 2012 AT 12:06 PM

The red wire with the white tracer have power going into the bcm but the GR/BK and the OG wires coming out of the bcm is reading ground on my tester. There are plenty on things not working and all of them are controlled by the bcm. The battery went dead and wouldn't start one morning. The doors, windows, lights(signal, hazard, interior) stop working the same day, so I'm thinking that maybe the bcm is at fault. I tested all the relays and the starter and starter solenoid and they're all good.

saturntech9

August, 16, 2012 AT 4:43 PM

Yeah it sounds like a bad bcm those wires are the power feed for all the inside lights that are controled by the bcm.I would make sure the terminal tightness is good on all the connectors etc. Before replacing the bcm but it sounds like a bad bcm sometimes when jump starting thr cars it damages the bcms from the voltage surge.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Oil Change and Filter Replacement - Ford F150
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Chevrolet
Oil Change/Filter Replacement Hyundai Sonata
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mini Cooper