CHEVY AUX FAN ONLY HIGH SPEED - RESISTOR?

2006 Chevrolet Express

swwizzard

April, 29, 2011 AT 12:13 AM

2006 Chevy Express 3500 12 passenger van: HVAC auxiliary rear fan only operates in high from both controls. Is this caused by a defective resistor module? Where is the auxiliary fan resistor assembly in the vehicle?

I have found a couple of vendors that advertise an ACDELCO Part # 158623 as a Rear Blower Motor Resistor. Is this the correct part number.

Is there a wire harness between the switch assembly and the resistor? If so, any recommend part numbers for repair if wires were overheated?

Is a wiring diagram available?

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

saturntech9

April, 29, 2011 AT 12:38 AM

I posted the diagram how to remove the rear aux resistor. This is a manual a/c meaning you don't set the temp you want it to cool too?

swwizzard

April, 29, 2011 AT 7:52 PM

There is a temperature dial on the control pannels. However it is just a warmer/colder dial (blue/red) like the main front panel

saturntech9

April, 30, 2011 AT 6:12 PM

You need get to the aux blower motor resistor and put the switch to med and see if you have power to the light blue wire terminal c at the resistor card. Let me know what you find.

Change Your Blower Fan Motor Like a Pro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement