2006 CHEVROLET COBALT REDUCED ENGINE POWER

• Gabe34
  • 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt

I've pulled codes with my code scanner it was reading my trottle position sensor I replaced the trottle body I've tested my map sensor it tested good I've cleared the codes but as I pull out the check engine light comes back on and reduced engine power shows back up could u point me in any other direction to trouble shoot could it be in my ecm? Thank

Monday, September 30th, 2013 AT 6:41 AM

• hmac300

Send the code

Monday, September 30th, 2013 AT 6:48 AM
  • Gabe34

Po123

Monday, September 30th, 2013 AT 7:02 AM
  • hmac300

What engine?It may be ashort or poor connection at ecm though aslo cleanthrottle plate on both sides and iaac with choke cleaner.

Monday, September 30th, 2013 AT 7:08 AM
  • Gabe34

It's a 2.2 I've put a brand new trottle body on it I've checked the connection on ecm but I have not check for any shorts or bad wiring on the wiring harness

Monday, September 30th, 2013 AT 7:19 AM
  • hmac300

Measure the reference voltage to tps with harness disconnected it should read 4.8-5.2v if you dont' get that you have a open wire or short. This cold really b a ecm problem so it should be checked by a pro. If it is an ecm problem they are vin specific and a pro will need to install it so it will allow your car to start as the security system has to be programmed into it.

Monday, September 30th, 2013 AT 7:28 AM
  • Gabe34

I will check that out and see but with my experience with this car that's what I'm thinking it is also thank you for helping me with my question and your fast responses

Monday, September 30th, 2013 AT 7:34 AM
  • Gabe34

The other code it has is p2138 accelerator pedal position sensor 1-2 correlation accelerator pedal position sensor 1-2 not plausible I checked the reference volts on throttle position harness I have 5.038 volts

Monday, September 30th, 2013 AT 2:14 PM
  • hmac300

See now here lies the problem, you didn't give complete info the first time so it screws up everything replace the gas pedal assy and then get rid of codes and see if that cures it.

Monday, September 30th, 2013 AT 3:12 PM