DOESNT DRIVE SMOOTHLY AFTER I HIT A POT HOLE

2006 Cadillac CTS

joc07001

March, 15, 2012 AT 11:19 PM

Two days ago I hit a really deep pothole very hard that caused my front right tire to go flat and both front right and rear right rims to get a bit bent. I put on the spare to replace the flat but the car does not drive as smoothly as it did. I got the front right tire and rim replaced today but the car still vibrates when driving and even in parked gear. It vibrates and it is not as smooth. Town Fair Tires did alignment and balance and rotation on the wheels and a diagnose to make sure nothing was wrong with the ball joints or suspension. They found nothing wrong except for the rear rim that needs to be replaced. But what is causing the car to vibrate a bit and not drive smoothly? Could something else be damaged internally?

thanks a bunch guys!

March, 16, 2012 AT 12:04 AM

Engine mounts, transmission and driveaxles-have them checked

cadieman

March, 16, 2012 AT 9:57 PM

Did u balance the spare?How many ounces of weights are on the inside and outside of each rim?

joc07001

March, 17, 2012 AT 3:05 PM

I brought it to townfair tires and they balanced, aligned, and rotate the wheels. Turns out I still have to fix the bent rim on the back right. I am afraid that even after the rim is replaced, which is this monday, that the car will still vibrate and not drive as smoothly. I am just a college student and cannot afford all of this. I was thinking about reporting the pothole to the city and trying to get a refund for all the repair fees but I heard it is difficult.

cadieman

March, 17, 2012 AT 5:17 PM

You have a bad rim. Is the spare still on?The balance machines have a runout gauge. When u spin the rim it checks the rim for wobble. You may have one rim that took a lot of weights to balance the tire.

joc07001

March, 17, 2012 AT 6:17 PM

Nope I put a new front right tire and new front right rim on, no spares anymore. The back right rim still needs to be replaced though. Im going to replace it monday. Do you think the vibration could be due to the bent rim still on there? It just isn't as smooth driving as it was before

joc07001

March, 17, 2012 AT 6:19 PM

Townfair also did diagnosis on suspension and ball joints and said those were fine. Hopefully once I replace the rim it will be normal again

cadieman

March, 17, 2012 AT 7:17 PM

Call a salvage yard and replace it.I keep asking about weights because the more weights the more the rim is off center. Could you pl tell me how much is on both sides of the bent rim. This rim is your problem.

Replace Ball Joints Like a Pro
Replace Tie Rod End
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class
Sway Bar Link Replacement Chevrolet Silverado