WE JUST HAD A NEW STARTER INSTALLED ON OUR CAR ...

2006 BMW 530i

Anonymous

March, 21, 2013 AT 9:41 PM

We just had a new starter installed on our car, about three weeks ago. Now, the whole
i-menu is not working. I have no radio, no voice command. I read the manul pressing down the menu button twice but still nothing happens. What could be going on. The person who installed the starter seems not to know, even thou he did the work. Please Help

S G

caradiodoc

March, 21, 2013 AT 11:40 PM

Are you blaming this problem on what some unlucky person did three weeks ago? That's quite a stretch. BMW is by far one of the least customer-friendly manufacturers. They are too selfish to even release their service information and paint codes to the independent repair industry. They for sure are not going to allow us to buy radio service manuals. You are tied to the dealer when the radio has a problem. Other than checking for blown fuses, there is nothing anyone else is going to be able to do.

Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Starter Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000