AUDI RADIO/NAVIGATION DISPLAY LIGHT OUT

• AudiQuattro
  • 2006 Audi A3
  • automatic

I have an Audi A3 with Navigation. After I got the car back from a turbo blowoff valve repair, the radio/nav display quit working after about 1 hour of driving the car. Now, after 3 more days, the display comes on for a while, then the light goes off again. I can see the display is there, but the LCD light is off. The radio works fine since I know what buttons to press. I asked the repair shop and they said it must be heat related. I live in Fort Worth and our lows are 80 and highs are 100. Is there a probable cause? Can I change the LCD light bulb?

Sunday, July 24th, 2011 AT 1:51 AM

• mhpautos

Yes, this can be the case, here in Australia during summer we see at our work shop a number of European cars with heat related radio problems, normally if a new car presents with this problem we first send the system off to be check for internal faults.

Sunday, July 24th, 2011 AT 5:47 AM