BECOME A MEMBER
Sign up with Facebook
I agree to the
Login with Facebook
NOT A MEMBER?
2006 ACURA RL
How difficult is a propeller shaft swap on an acura rl 2006
have the same problem?
Saturday, February 19th, 2011 AT 4:31 PM
Book time is listed at 1.1 hour so it should not be too difficult.
Muffler and exhaust has to be removed while doing the job.
Saturday, February 19th, 2011 AT 4:52 PM
How difficult are they to get off on a 5 year old car?
Saturday, February 19th, 2011 AT 8:23 PM
If bolts are rusted or seized badly, that would be a different story. It might take more than a 2 or 3 hours to get them off.
PROPELLER SHAFT REMOVAL
NOTE: Do not drop or damage the propeller shaft during removal.
1. Raise the vehicle off the ground, and support it with safety stands in the proper locations.
2. Remove the muffler (A) and the exhaust pipe B.
Fig. 131: Identifying Muffler And Exhaust Pipe
3. Remove the No. 1 propeller shaft protector.
Fig. 132: Identifying No. 1 Propeller Shaft Protector
4. Make a reference mark (A) across the propeller shaft (B) and transfer companion flange (C).
NOTE: Wrap the length of each propeller shaft with cardboard, at least
5 mm thick, before removing the propeller shaft.
Fig. 133: Making Match Mark On Propeller Shaft And Transfer Companion Flange
5. Remove the nuts (D).
6. Make a reference mark (A) across the propeller shaft (B) and rear differential companion flange (C).
Fig. 134: Making Match Mark On Propeller Shaft And Rear Differential Companion Flange
7. Remove the bolts (D).
8. Remove the center support bearing mounting bolts.
NOTE: Do not exceed the angle of center support bearing joint.
Fig. 135: Identifying Center Support Bearing Mounting Bolts
9. Slide the propeller shaft (A) toward the rear differential, then flex the No. 2 joint (B), and remove the No. 1 propeller shaft from the transfer.
NOTE: Keep the protector on the propeller shaft after removing it from
the vehicle. Be careful not to damage the propeller shaft.
Fig. 136: Removing Propeller Shaft
10. Remove the propeller shaft from the vehicle.
Please consider a donation if we helped you
Sunday, February 20th, 2011 AT 12:23 PM
to post a reply.
Related General Questions
Trying To Set The Timing But Having Problems, How Do...
Trying To Set The Timing But Having Problems, How Do You Set The Timing In The 1998 Acura Rl
Where Is The Themastat On A 1998 Acura Rl
1996 Acura Rl Electrical Problem
1996 Acura Rl I Have Problem With My Acura Rl Lit When The Car Takes 5 Minutes And Then Shuts Down I Do Not Want To Ignite It With...
My Car In Will Not Go In Drive But Will Good In R What Is It Tell Me How To Fix It. Let Me Know
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Drill Out a Bolt and Tap a Thread
Car Repair Manual
Jack Up Your Car
Find a car manual for your car
© 1999 - 2017 2CarPros, Inc.