BECOME A MEMBER
It is free to join!
I AGREE TO THE
BECOME A MEMBER
2006 Acura RL
February, 19, 2011 AT 4:31 PM
How difficult is a propeller shaft swap on an acura rl 2006
FOUND 16399 RELATED QUESTIONS
Where Is The Fuse Located For The Fan On A
February, 19, 2011 AT 4:52 PM
Book time is listed at 1.1 hour so it should not be too difficult.
Muffler and exhaust has to be removed while doing the job.
February, 19, 2011 AT 8:23 PM
How difficult are they to get off on a 5 year old car?
February, 20, 2011 AT 12:23 PM
If bolts are rusted or seized badly, that would be a different story. It might take more than a 2 or 3 hours to get them off.
PROPELLER SHAFT REMOVAL
NOTE: Do not drop or damage the propeller shaft during removal.
1. Raise the vehicle off the ground, and support it with safety stands in the proper locations.
2. Remove the muffler (A) and the exhaust pipe B.
Fig. 131: Identifying Muffler And Exhaust Pipe
3. Remove the No. 1 propeller shaft protector.
Fig. 132: Identifying No. 1 Propeller Shaft Protector
4. Make a reference mark (A) across the propeller shaft (B) and transfer companion flange (C).
NOTE: Wrap the length of each propeller shaft with cardboard, at least
5 mm thick, before removing the propeller shaft.
Fig. 133: Making Match Mark On Propeller Shaft And Transfer Companion Flange
5. Remove the nuts (D).
6. Make a reference mark (A) across the propeller shaft (B) and rear differential companion flange (C).
Fig. 134: Making Match Mark On Propeller Shaft And Rear Differential Companion Flange
7. Remove the bolts (D).
8. Remove the center support bearing mounting bolts.
NOTE: Do not exceed the angle of center support bearing joint.
Fig. 135: Identifying Center Support Bearing Mounting Bolts
9. Slide the propeller shaft (A) toward the rear differential, then flex the No. 2 joint (B), and remove the No. 1 propeller shaft from the transfer.
NOTE: Keep the protector on the propeller shaft after removing it from
the vehicle. Be careful not to damage the propeller shaft.
Fig. 136: Removing Propeller Shaft
10. Remove the propeller shaft from the vehicle.
to post a reply.
Hi i pulled the codes off my 1992 cadillac deville the codes were e61 e62 and e65 what do these mean and how do i fix it thanks
When i push star button nothing is display
Need wire scematic on inj an what makes it pulse
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front Ford
Ask a Car Question. It's Free!
Fuel Pump Replacement
Engine Oil Change and Filter BMW X5
Engine Oil Change and Filter GMC Sierra
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Toyota
Code Read Retrieval/Clear Honda Civic
Need To Tune Up Your Engine? Do It Like a Pro
© 1999 - 2015 2CarPros, Inc.