FUEL PUMP NOT RUNNING ALL FUSES AND RELAYS CHECKED....

2005 Volvo XC90

goldfishhh

April, 10, 2011 AT 8:24 PM

Fuel pump not running no pressure. Just replaced pump. Ok, checked all of the fuses in the whole car (under hood, in rear electronic module, central electronic module) checked the relays under the hood (they all can be triggered with a 12v power supply), if I take out the fuel pump relay and put key in 2nd position, I get 10v on the 2 switched leads, I did the old 'paperclip' between the 2 leads to simulate the circuit being triggered (no fuel pump on). Not sure what to do next.

F150

Fuel Pump Relay

April, 10, 2011 AT 9:13 PM

Are you getting battery voltage at the fuel pump when the relay terminal are jumped?

If voltage is available, check the ground circuit connections.

JIS001

April, 10, 2011 AT 10:43 PM

Also check the fuel pump module behinde the right rear wheel well. Check connectors for oxidation especially if you live in the east coast? If that is corroded you will need to replace the module with the harness and actually the repair has you put it inside the vehicle now. Let us know what you find?

goldfishhh

April, 10, 2011 AT 10:50 PM

Behind the right wheel well. What pieces do I need to remove to check it? What does it look like? I do live in Chicago so corrosion might be an issue. And when you talk about the right side, is this driver side or other? (Sorta like stage left or right. Heh)

JIS001

April, 10, 2011 AT 11:10 PM

Remove the rear passenger wheel. Towards the front of the wheel gently pull back on the wheel well. You may need to drill out a rivet or 2 but you may get lucky where you will not need too? But once you pull back the module will be sitting right there. Let me know if this helps you out?

goldfishhh

April, 10, 2011 AT 11:12 PM

Awesome. Right is passenger. : )

ok, getting drill to pop a few rivets, jack, stands, impact gun and maybe a beer or three.

First, kids get a shower.

JIS001

April, 10, 2011 AT 11:13 PM

Here is also an image of the location.

JIS001

April, 10, 2011 AT 11:14 PM

Wish I was there to help you with the beers LOL.

goldfishhh

April, 10, 2011 AT 11:14 PM

YEA! I PICTURE!

goldfishhh

April, 10, 2011 AT 11:15 PM

If you are in the northern burbs of Chicago, c'mon over. Heh.

JIS001

April, 10, 2011 AT 11:15 PM

LOL sorry I am in Los Angeles : (

Replace Your Fuel Pump Relay - Easy Steps
Replace Fuel Pump Relay
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right