REPLACING FRONT BUMPER AND HEADLIGHT FIXTURE DO-ABLE?

2005 Volkswagen Jetta

danrussell27

September, 5, 2012 AT 4:51 PM

Recently I bummped into someone and due to only having liability insurance the repairs are on me. The car is still drivable but the plastic front end is all cracked and the left side of it that attaches to the fender(I believe this is the metal cover over the tire) came off of the hook and the hook is damaged and wont go back on. Looking at the unit I need to replace the part that hold the headlight due to it wobbles a little as well as the front cover. Was wondering if this is something I can do myself because it seems likes its only a couple of screws and clips. The airbags did not come out and the repair costs quoted are 10 times the cost of if I buy aftermarket pieces and wondering if this is a viable option.

September, 5, 2012 AT 4:59 PM

Can you post pictures?

September, 5, 2012 AT 4:59 PM

From your description it seems the damage is minimal therefore it is possible for DIY. However it must be noted that some panels/brackets might require some form of repairs/realignment to get the bumper face to fit nicely.

danrussell27

September, 5, 2012 AT 5:10 PM

Not at home this second but can post picture later

Windshield Wiper Replacement Ford Escape
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy
Open Hood Video
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tundra
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Acura TL