• Shoaib F
  • 2005 Vauxhall Zafira

I have vauxhall zafira and I started the engine, the gear was neutral and I held the acceletor for 1 second accidently and know the engine wont start again, the electricity does the work in the dashboard adn the lights except that it refuses to start

Plese help

Shoaib F

Tuesday, July 26th, 2011 AT 2:14 PM

• rasmataz

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs,coil's resistances,cap and rotor,distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

Friday, October 14th, 2011 AT 7:44 AM