I WAS ON THE MOTOWAY DOIN 70 WHEN I FELT A RUSH ...

2005 Vauxhall Astra

sogbetun85

December, 28, 2012 AT 10:07 AM

I was on the motoway doin 70 when I felt a rush of air under the car then power went n all e m l came on pulled onto hard sholder turned car off tried to restart now there's no power the car sounds like a tank n the brake pedal is solid do u know what it could be

sogbetun85

December, 28, 2012 AT 10:33 AM

Fitted new coil pack n sparkplugs still the same

DrCranknWrench

December, 28, 2012 AT 12:04 PM

Check to make sure the vacuum line for the brake booster is not leakind and the fluid level is okay. The rush of air and loss, check the battery cables at both ends. Also look for vacuum leaks in hoses in the engine bay.

sogbetun85

December, 28, 2012 AT 2:11 PM

Thanks checked everthing seems ok do u think its the cat as it won't tick over

sogbetun85

December, 28, 2012 AT 2:30 PM

An all so to keep the car tickin over I got to keep ma fot on acc bout 2000rpm there's a knockin sound in the engine or engine bay.

DrCranknWrench

December, 28, 2012 AT 3:28 PM

Oh, that sounds like you blew your engine. You might have blown a head gasket or spund a bearing and lost some soolant, which would make the moise easier to hear, and/or oil. The knocking is not a good sign along with the issues you describe. It almost certainly sounds like a mojor engine overhaul. You could probably find a good used engine for around $1000-$1500 depending on how many accesories came with it.

sogbetun85

December, 28, 2012 AT 4:05 PM

Hi just had the car on the computer its givien me 4 codes 1st/ p1814 undocumented code/ 2nd/p0300 ramdon cylinder misfire/ 3rd /p0303 cylinder3 misfire / 4th/ p0304 cylinder4 misfire any ideas

DrCranknWrench

December, 29, 2012 AT 12:39 AM

You could have a bad head gasket or low compression. Get a compression test done.

Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Acura TL
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front Ford
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement
Replace Rear Brake Pad-Rotor Subaru Legacy
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Ford Escape