HOW TO REMOVE THE BACK SEAT?

2005 Toyota Solara

McGhee

June, 9, 2012 AT 8:28 AM

I need to disassemble the entire rear interior pretty much but can figure out how to remove the seat cushion or back rests. Getting the paneling off should be cake but to do that the seat needs to go. I tried to pull it out like instructed for older models, but there's something on either side that's holding it in place and I don't know what it is, nor have I been able to find any info on how-to

Removing Back Seat

1 ANSWER

June, 9, 2012 AT 2:50 PM

The cushion has to come off first. If there are no bolts/screws or clips holding the front portion, check the rear central part. You need to delve your hands inbetween the cushion and backrest to get at it. If you are lucky and there are no bolts there, pull at the cushion from rear at both ends to get the rear portion out first. You can then flip the cushion forward and pull it of their hook.

The rest should be easy.

hmac300

June, 9, 2012 AT 2:54 PM

1. REMOVE REAR SEAT CUSHION ASSY
a. Pull up the 2 front portions of the seat cushion, then remove it.

NOTE: The cushion frame deforms easily. To avoid deforming the seat cushion, place your hands near the hook as shown in the illustration, and then pull up on
the seat cushion. Do the same for the other hook.

Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon
Cabin Air Filter Replacement