• lstirratt
  • 2005 Toyota Prius

I recently bought a used Toyota Prius from a non-Toyota dealership. On the 5th day of owning this car, the oil filter came off and ruined the engine. The dealership is taking responsibility for this error of putting on a filter that was too big, causing it to come off, and they are paying a Toyota dealership to replace the engine. Are there any other side effects/damages that could have been done to the car besides just the engine? I am trying to decide if I should keep the car with the new engine, hoping that no other damage was done, or return it knowing there is a possibility something else could go wrong later that was caused by this incident?

Wednesday, March 30th, 2011 AT 8:07 PM

• KHLow2008

The engine is isolated from others and since it going to be replaced, there is no other side effect that is directly linked to this incident.

Being a used vehicle, there is no guarantee that all other things are good and will be good but if they fail, t would be coincidence, unless any problem that fails is related to the engine that is going to be installed.

Wednesday, March 30th, 2011 AT 11:18 PM