How to replace the lower control arm bushings for 2005 Camry LE 4 cyl?

NIVENB
  • 2005 TOYOTA CAMRY
  • 100 MILES

Re: How to replace the lower control arm bushings for 2005 Camry LE 4 cyl

I saw there is a bolt on each side of the lower control arms (on this model year)that cannot be removed without first lifting the engine and transaxle. I would like to get some advice and know what watch out for when doing this job without removing the engine and transaxle assy entirely from the vehicle. I am an experienced do-it-yourselfer with automotive repair including R & R of transaxles. I also have air and mechanics' hand tools set, incl jacks with safety stands. Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 AT 5:41 AM

All model engines- According to my references Mit1 you need to remove the engine with transaxle

Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 AT 6:35 AM
KHLOW2008

I would leave the engine and transmission where they are and lower the subframe. Much easier and saves alot of time.

Get a engine and transaxle hanger to support them while you work from below. Remove only those that are necessary to let you get at the lower bolts.

The shop manual says to remove engine, which I find is a rather stupid design, removing engines to get at lower arms.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 AT 2:02 PM
NIVENB

Thanks very much for the suggestions.

Thursday, June 7th, 2012 AT 4:40 AM