WONT RELEASE KEY, OR SHIFT GEAR.

2005 Suzuki Reno

ashleyallison

October, 9, 2012 AT 2:32 AM

Drove my suzuki the other day out running errunds (have had no similar issues leading up to this point) put my car in brake and reached for my key to take it out of ignition, and it wouldn't release. I pressed harder on the brake peddle thinking maybe this was the issue, yet nothing, so I jiggled the steering wheel and tried again yet to no avail. I turned the engine over and tried to move the gear shift back into drive and it wouldn't budge. Had to manually release the gear shift to get it to move. To release the key I had to disconnect the negative lead on my battery. Later on when I went back out to take a look at the car I turned it over, and had the same issues as before but now the dash isn't working, at all. CD player is running fine, and the lights are working on the dash, but the actual gauges are not responding. Help!

DrCranknWrench

October, 9, 2012 AT 3:11 AM

I am attaching the Starter, Starter Interlock and the Instrument Panel. I think you might look at fuse number 4 on the under hood fuse box. It may be killing the instrument panel. However first you should yourself examine the interlock and how it works wioth the starter to find your intitail issue. You may have somthing bound up in the shifter. Sometimes a cable or linkage is used to actuate the switch that locks the brake pedal to the shifter to start the cat and it gets bent or binds up and causes issues. So, you wil have to visually inspect that. The staterter circuit has some of the components in it as well and will match up by wire color or number as will the instruement panel. You are looking for a main power source there which If I remember correctly is the number 4 underhoood fuse.

DrCranknWrench

October, 9, 2012 AT 3:13 AM

One diod not come out.

Transmission Speed Sensor Replacement Honda
Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement
Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars
Transmission Turbine Sensor Replacement