BLOWN GASKET REPAIRED, NOW BLOWING WHITE SMOKE

2005 Suzuki Mehran

ibrahim022

April, 27, 2012 AT 6:45 AM

Boss I have a 800 cc car, recently I gave it to my bro to use it and he came home with a blown gasket, I got it repaired from the local mechanic, now the problem part from the day I got gasket replaced the car has started giving white smoke but that only when I start car in the morning and after that it feels like there was never a sign of smoke, I showed it to my mechanic, he said its nothing. Plz help me out

mhpautos

April, 27, 2012 AT 7:49 AM

It may still be using some coolant, dose the level drop at all? Or it may just be cold condensation which is normal for cold stat up just keep an eye on the coolant level over the next few days just to see if it is dropping at all.

ibrahim022

April, 27, 2012 AT 9:54 AM

Level of coolant/water remain constant since I got it repaired (10 days). I am bit concerned about rings, what is cold condensation and how do I can get it fixed.

mhpautos

April, 27, 2012 AT 10:20 AM

Cold condensation is quite normal, is there a thermostat of the correct temp fitted? What sort of volume of smoke. Or is it steam? Are you getting?

ibrahim022

April, 27, 2012 AT 2:21 PM

I think thermostat is of correct temp fitted because initially it was OK and started of only when I got my gasket replaced(correct me please, thermostat is used when car has air condition my car is non ac), at the start smoke is quite huge in volume (one can really get afraid lol)but gradually goes down and after 10 minutes approx. There are no marks of smoke, I think it can be steam as well because I can see water drops coming out of muffler/silencer.
What should I do.

mhpautos

April, 27, 2012 AT 9:48 PM

Thermostats are use in every engine all the time, with out a thermostat the engine will run to cool. Water in the exhaust is normal to a point, for every litre of petrol you burn, you will produce a litre of water in the exhaust gasses, with the engine cold the water condenses and is visible as liquid and then steam, with the exhaust fully heated and the cat converter working the moisture is broken down by super heating and it is not visible. No go get a head check done, this will show up any exhaust gasses in the cooling system this is a simple chemical test. If positive there will be a head gasket problem.

ibrahim022

April, 28, 2012 AT 6:44 AM

So you recommend 2 things,
1) get gasket check.
2) check the thermostat.
These are possible solutions for the excess smoke coming.

mhpautos

April, 28, 2012 AT 3:27 PM

To start with yes.

ibrahim022

April, 29, 2012 AT 12:52 PM

Yesterday I took my car to mechanic, after hearing my observation which you already know from the above communications, he out rightly rejected all of the above the solutions rather he came up with a new theory, he said this is due to "valve seals" he further added that valve seals are leak and due to that oil from the head comes down to piston during the night and when I start the car in morning excess oil is burnt, forms into huge volume of smoke. He said get the seals replaced and my issue will be solved. What do you suggest.

mhpautos

April, 30, 2012 AT 12:38 AM

If valve seals and guides are worn, you will get some smoking in the morning, but this will be oil smoke which is a dark blue colour and not white as you have indicated.

ibrahim022

April, 30, 2012 AT 5:23 AM

Yes it is white, with occasionally water drops coming out from the muffler. Can I post a video so that you can see the smoke your self and suggest.

Replacing Head Gasket
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Replace Fuel Pressure Regulator