HAVE A LOUD BUZZING SOUND THAT IS COMING FROM THE POWER STEERING PUMP.

2005 Suzuki Forenza

desi989

November, 7, 2011 AT 2:32 AM

This is a constant sound. Have had the power steering pump changed and noise is still there. Was told there is a switch inside the power steering that only the dealer can get to and that is probably my problem. Has been put on a diagnostic machine but no codes that pertained to the power steering. Is there such a switch and if so what would it cost to fix? I have already had the ssps module changed due to it being bad many years ago. The light comes on and off and I figured it was just the sensor again. Steering is fine and has always been so. Any help you give will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

November, 7, 2011 AT 2:45 AM

I have never heard of any sensor that only a dealer can acess. I think someone did not want to look at your car.

Go to another shop.

The first thing I would look at is the fluid level and condition. If it is low, it will whine. If the fuild is filthy, it will be thick and do the same thing. Changing it is a must at about 50-60k.

Start with the basics first before going more complicated.

November, 7, 2011 AT 7:56 AM

Such problem can be due to a faulty pressure hose whereby the inline check valve has been dislodged from position.

Power Steering Pump Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Steering Pump Replacement Mercedes Benz
Power Steering Fluid Check Acura TSX
Power Steering Fluid Flush Acura MDX 2000-200
Power Steering Fluid Flush Chevrolet Blazer
Power Steering Fluid Change Kia Sportage