ON A 600 MILE TRIP MY INLAWS SATURN VUE WITH THE...

2005 Saturn Vue

Anonymous

November, 8, 2012 AT 12:52 AM

On a 600 mile trip, my in-laws' Saturn Vue, with the 2.2 4cyl and CVT AWD, was going well until about 50 miles from their destination. At that point the car lost forward momentum and we had to have it towed! I do not have any fault codes, and since then, the car has been parked, the battery is now dead.
Is this a known problem with the CVT? And can an oil change generally help with this?
Also I have read of others with accelerator pedal sensor issues. Could this be a potential problem also?

saturntech9

November, 8, 2012 AT 6:56 AM

Those transmissions are junk I have rebuilt and replaced so many I have lost count. So how do you know you dont have codes have you checked yet?A fluid change isnt going to do you any good at this point if it wont go forward. The belts break and turn into 400 pieces all thru the transmission or the side covers fail which is the belt sheaves/pulleys with input and output shafts. Or the pumps or valve bodies fail taking out the side cover. Bad news all around.